The world of Pinterest is a big one, and while I see tons of good ideas on there, the skeptic in me always wonders if any of those "must try" pins actually work. After seeing a mason jar air freshener DIY here & here I thought I would try it. Not only did it look easy enough, but I had all things needed on hand, which made the total time for this project about 5 minutes. I put the finished jar in my guest bathroom, and I'm happy to report this actually works. Now, it won't freshen your room the way a candle would, or like those wall plug-ins, but it definitely gives off a little bit of the scent you put in, and if you give it a little shake it makes the room smell instantly better.
Click below for the simple steps.
What you'll need:
hammer & 1 nail to finish the top
* Pour 1 cup baking soda in jar
* Add 5-10 drops essential oil
* Sprinkle a few more tablespoons of baking soda over the oil drops
* Screw on mason jar top and use your hammer and nail to make holes
* Place in any room and give it a little shake/swirl/mix whenever you walk by
photos brunch at saks